ServiceClarity for CIOs is a Software-as-a-Service Service Level Management (SLM) designed to monitor both internal services provided by IT and external services provided by 3rd party service providers. By unifying the monitoring of Key Performance Indicators across internal and external services, ServiceClarity enables the evolution from IT the Service Provider to IT the Service Broker. By simplifying the process of monitoring on premise, private and public cloud services, ServiceClarity for CIOs supports the CIO as Orchestrator.
IT has often been criticised for poorly promoting the services they provide and for not delivering what the business expects. Very often this is due to the difficulty in monitoring appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and in reporting success and service improvement. ServiceClarity for CIOs helps drive service improvement by enabling you to monitor business level KPIs by aggregating metrics from the IT Service Management and monitoring tools unique to your organisation. ServiceClarity for CIOs fits with your tools and processes, allowing you to express your services in a meaningful way and monitor the KPIs most important to your business. ServiceClarity cuts through the low-level operational details to provide simple, actionable information on cost, performance, security and other factors. ServiceClarity for CIOs allows you to distribute real-time SLA reports to chief executives and key stakeholders within your organisation.
Most IT departments find monitoring the services they provide a time consuming, highly manual and complex process. Many feel that their Service Level Management processes are barely adequate and acknowledge there is room for improvement. The majority recognise that without a mature automated Service Level Management process they have difficulty improving the services they deliver.
While IT departments struggle to monitor the services they provide internally, few even consider monitoring the external services they consume from cloud service providers. Many take the stance of not adopting cloud services because of the perceived risks, while those IT departments who do consume cloud services rely on the service provider to report on their services. The strategy of relying on service providers to provide reports on their services, and not performing any independent monitoring is a risky one. This is not because their SLA reports lack a degree of independence, although that can be the case, but more importantly it is because a 3rd party service provider rarely understands what is meaningful to your business, never mind having the tools in place to monitor and continually evolve the KPIs most appropriate to you.
ServiceClarity for CIOs has the flexibility to monitor both the internal services you provide and the external services you consume from third parties. By providing a single product for all your Service Level Management requirements, ServiceClarity for CIOs enables you to make the appropriate choices between public cloud, private cloud and on premise alternatives. The result is the best service for your organisation and the clear identification of a service improvement strategy.
The key features of ServiceClarity are:
- Data Collection of base metrics from internal IT Service Management and monitoring tools, machine readable service provider reports and public cloud services and the aggregation of these metrics into meaningful KPIs
- KPI Recording in a time-series database for trending and reporting purposes
- Service Catalogue to model dependencies between internal and external services, and to identify the impact of consuming and delivering hybrid cloud services.
- Independent SLA Monitoring of the Agreement Terms in the SLA between your organisation and the service providers you consume from, and of the OLAs between IT and the business
- Executing SLA Reporting on the historic and current performance of KPIs against the Agreement Terms
- Collaboration between internal Service Managers and IT staff through in-application commenting of SLA breaches and warnings
- Report Sharing of Service Reports with the chief executives and the business through online and exported reports, complete with executive summaries.
The key benefits of ServiceClarity for CIOs are:
- Reduce Operational Overheads by automating the data collection and report generation in a complex multi-supplier cloud environment
- Understand Complexity by unifying business-level reporting under a single interface and by modelling the complex interdependencies between internally and externally provided services
- Improve IT User and Executive Satisfaction through self-service reports that can be easily integrated into a company intranet or shared via email
- Optimise Service Delivery through a better understanding of the trade-offs between various internally and externally provided services
- Improve Service Delivery through more appropriate KPIs and an increased ability to rapidly evolve SLAs in response to the needs of the business